BEJALAI BETUNGKAT KA ADAT,
TINDUK BEPANGGAL KE PENGINGAT

The D-day.

20th of March 2010 was indeed special to us. Us were me and my fellow friends and lecturers who were ('are' at this date) to visit Sarawak for a trip known as

Borneo...A Walk To Remember-"Bejalai Betungkat Ka Adat, Tinduk Bepanggal Ka Pengingat"

So, here is my part of the story.

Today was the D-day. I, accompany by my sister, left our comfy house in Shah Alam and headed to LCCT. I was 'armed' with necessary utilities (1 hiking bag and 1 small bag) and a great earnest to visit Sarawak.

Rather, I should say 're-visit'. Balik kampung.

We reached the terminal at 6am. Unloaded the begs and bidding my sister farewell, I meet up with my friends and had breakfast and perform Subuh prayer. After that, we gathered inside the departure terminal and check-in our luggage. There was a bit of drama at that time, as the capacity seem to exceed the 'capabilities'. Nonetheless, I put my hat off to my programme manager, who manage to turn things to our favour without the need for excess fees.

After that, with smile bores in everyone's faces, we entered the flight. By 8.30am, we're off!

We arrived at Kuching International Airport (it's International now) at about 10.20am by my clock. I was personally happy and was in 7th heaven when we arrived.

After so long, at last, Sarawak!

6 years since the last time I touched the soil of Borneo, I finally managed to revisit Sarawak! The merrier part was that I came with friends! Checking in and reclaiming our luggages, we then meet friends who had arrived Sarawak earlier and arranged transportation for nineteen of us (were there more? I think not).

We had lunch at Coffee o' Corner (Kak Mei Ling, a father's friend who I assumed as foster sister or else mother to me, later said that we had make a right choice to lunch there), I ordered Mee Kolok, a delicacies from Sarawak that bring backs old memories.

We then settled down at a lodging, provided by Wiki's generous dad (Thank you sir, for the hospitalities. Wiki is a friend of ours, also one of the members of the trip). After a short briefing by Dr Reza, we spend the rest of the day buying foods and items for the trip, eating delicious foods prepared by the host and rest.

Rest we did, for the next few days would turn out to be an adventure!

by Ariff Anuar, written at 12.45pm, 20th March 2010. Edited few minutes back.

0 Comments: